Fall Reflection Guide is due by December 31st, 2016!
Fall Reflection Guide & Chapter Planning Ideas
Use these suggestions to guide you through the Fall Reflection and to aid your event and initiative planning throughout the year! All of these actions are ideal ways to implement the four strategic directions of Colleges Against Cancer and will help your campus embody what it means to be a Leader of Hope. More than that, these are qualities of successful Relay For Life events and CAC Chapters!
Question: How were you innovative this semester?
- Come up with an original idea, campaign, event, or fundraiser new to your campus this year intended to do great things
- Share with others via the National Campus Relay For Life and CAC Facebook group or a blog post
Question: How did your campus involvement or events grow?
- Number of survivors, number of registered participants, number of participants actively fundraising, number of teams, YOY% fundraising
- Hosting more events, getting more people to those events, recruiting a bigger committee, making CAC a bigger club on campus
Question: How did you learn from or share ideas with other campuses?
- Participate in or watch Campus On Air videos
- Write a blog post for the Campus Relay website
- Post in the National Campus Relay For Life and CAC Facebook group
- Attend a Relay For Life conference,
- Build relationships with members of Regional Campus Leadership Team
Suggestions: Cancer Education
- Host a Cancer Education tabling event on your campus that corresponds with an awareness month
- Invite an ACS funded researcher to speak to your campus about their work, prevention, screening, or treatment
- Ask members of your campus community to share prevention information with loved ones
- Become a CAN club school
- Have representatives from your school attend your state ACS CAN Day at the Capitol
- Host a CAN Cafe on campus or at your Relay For Life event
- Have someone from your campus attend a legislative meeting and report back to committee
Suggestions: Survivor and Caregiver Engagement
- Host a mini-luminaria ceremony prior to your Relay For Life event
- Hold a luminaria drive
- Hold a Survivor and/or Caregiver engagement event
- Recruit Virtual Survivors for your event
- Visit a local Hope Lodge or Cancer Treatment center
Suggestions: Relay For Life
- Hold a Relay For Life event on your campus
- Organize a recruitment initiative
- Host a Relay For Life fundraiser
- Host a Kickoff event to get your campus pumped about Relay
Get Involved with ACS outside of Relay For Life and CAC on your campus
- Attend a Making Strides Against Breast Cancer event
- Attend or host a Bark For Life event
- Attend another campus or community Relay For Life event
- Visit a Hope Lodge
- Promote Road to Recovery and recruit drivers on your campus